Collecting, processing and recovering cables
RECYCÂBLES is the top recycler of cables in France. Located in Noyelles Godault (62, France) on the SITA Agora Ecopole, RECYCÂBLES is a SITA subsidiary that develops innovative technologies by combining successive cable sorting, cutting and crushing methods: electrical, telecommunications, special and produced at demolition worksites.
RECYCÂBLES was designed to handle all kinds of cables, from the simplest to the most complex thanks to the combination of a variety of technologies contributing to the quality of the output products (super-shopper, primary crusher, pre-granulators, densimetric tables, sieves etc).
TRANSPORTATION AND COLLECTION
Fast and alternative transportation: rail/road combo.
- 5 trucks
- 1 list of approved transporters
- 70 rail/road bins
- 4 trucks equipped with on-board grappling hook and scales
The relevant technology handles the processing of various cables: insulated or sheathed, steel or lead-armoured, thin or wide sections, scraps or end-of-life copper or aluminium-based cables.
- SORTING: staff trained to identify the cables
- SLITTING: cutting the cables on reels or big sections
- REMOVING THE SHEATH: separating the lead sheath from the insulated copper; the lead is recovered in foundries
- CRUSHING: refining the residue by using crushers and granulators successively
- POLYMERS: PVC/PE, PE, XLPE, Elastomer
TRACEABILITY AND TRACKING
Controls along the value chain starting when receiving the waste: collection or deposit slip, bar-code labels, goods receipt etc.
- Quality control: Each batch of cable waste is visually controlled in order to check it against the acceptance certificate. Each batch keeps its own receipt number up to its final recovery. A pre-crushing sample and a copper or aluminium shot sample are taken and kept for two months.
- Quantity control: A mass spectrometer guarantees that the goods meet the purchase specifications. Returning the bar-code label proves the conformity of treatment. A certificate of destruction can be issued.
A TURNKEY LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT
- Measurable and open recovery
- Giving access to containers
- Fast and regular waste pick-ups
- 500 collection points
- Custom solutions in France and abroad
- Innovative polymers recycling
- Waste management methods
- Recovery delay
Top cable crusher in Europe
Crushing capacity of 55,000 tonnes/year
22,000 tonnes of cables recovered
- Traceability and tracking guarantee for every recycling operation (acceptance certificate, bar-code labelling etc)
- Strict control of our production process, guaranteed by ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.