SOPAVE is a SITA Recyclage subsidiary specialised in transforming collection bags and films in LDPE.
RECYCLING AGRICULTURAL FILMS
SOPAVE receives agricultural products from:
- Low tunnels,
SOPAVE works with the eco-organism ADIVALOR in collecting used agricultural films from farms, market gardens or nurseries.
SOPAVE also gets its supplies from:
- The industrial sector for polyethylene bags and films (collection from its suppliers in moving floors, trucks or cells).
- Local authorities: collection, processing and recycling of soiled collection bags.
SOPAVE produces 100% recycled and recyclable collection bags as well as LDPE granules to be used in new products.
100% recycled and recyclable collection bags:
- Different formats are possible (thickness starting at 25 µm, capacity at 30 L, dark or clear colours).
- Personalised printouts (sorting instructions, corporate communication, events communication, etc.).
- “BAGLOOP” return service for local authorities: VAT reduced when purchasing recycled bags as compensation for giving used bags.
SOPAVE gives its specifications to the local authorities, including the sorting and baling of used bags, which will then be used in our specialised facilities.
SOPAVE recycles these products at the end of their life in black or clear granules to be used in film extrusion, bagging, pipe injections or bituminous binders.
The granules are delivered on palettes in big bags or in collection bags.
40,000 tonnes of agricultural film recycled every year by Sopave and SITA Recycling Polymers (Landemont)
100% of the water used in washing the films is recycled and reused.