Recovery and treatment of hazardous waste and contaminated land
Within SITA, SITA SPE is the business segment specializes in the recovery and treatment of hazardous waste and contaminated land .
SITA SPE offers processing solutions such as pollution control, soil remediation , services and associated logistics.
- Energy and material recovery in cement : Use of energy or mineral matter from waste for recovery in the cement and clinker manufacturing process * .
- Energy and material recovery by specialized incineration : Pollutant removal by high temperature chlorine or sulfur liquid waste, difficult , dangerous or aqueous combustion.
- Regeneration of solvents and fuels : Elimination of impurities in the products used to obtain finished products of comparable quality to that of new products .
- Recovery of polluted soils (platforms Neoter ® ) : European network platforms oriented treatment and recycling of contaminated soil.
- Evapo -incineration : Removal of pollutants from combustion of the gaseous fraction of fluid used ( soluble oils , synthetic … ) .
- Stabilization and storage of hazardous waste
- Hazardous waste treatment and physico- chemical stabilization .
- Treatment of contaminated soil : Control technologies for biological treatment , physico- chemical and thermal desorption.
- Decontamination and rehabilitation of polluted sites and soils in situ , on site and off website : Diagnosis and study of risk, ability to conduct international projects .
- Comprehensive and Associate Management of waste industrial sites
- Logistics of hazardous waste : Hazardous waste collection , grouping – unbundling, national and international transport (road, rail , river and sea ) .
- Intervention chemists : Operations characterization , handling, repackaging and preparation of hazardous waste for transport and processing .
- Consulting and training
- Pyrotechnical depollution : Diagnosis , mapping of targets, pyrotechnic safety studies , linkage targets, destruction or neutralization , treatment and recycling of conventional ammunition armament types and / or chemical waste.
376 M€ of turnover
2,9 million of tones processed annually
1 600 collaborators
- The first facility of its kind in the Rhône-Alpes region (France), this new centre completes the network of five other units in France accredited by SITA under the name Neoter®. Thanks to Neoter®, the polluted soil generated by construction sites and client industrial sites are sorted and pre-treated in order to increase their recovery capacity. In Ternay, the goal is to recover half of the soil treated in situ. In close proximity to the Rhône River with a dock directly accessible, the site of Ternay is ideal for the use of river transport. SITA FD’s goal is to transport half of the global tonnage using maritime means, therefore reducing CO2 emissions and the ecological footprint involved in processing polluted soils and sediments. See the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziljw8Yddj0&feature=sharecontrol&list=UUYVr5j9rLItweljz58SBuew&index=10
- Carried out over the 12 hectares of the Issy-les-Moulineaux Fort, the decontamination consisted of removing asbestos and demolishing the 9.5 hectares of superstructures, infrastructures and networks as well as checking and guaranteeing the safety of the demolition and pyrotechnic decontamination. Some 873 targets were detected, and 2,988 pieces of ammunition (of which 22 were active) were identified and destroyed.
- Following a call for tender, the ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency) charged SITA Rekem with the chemical decontamination of the abandoned factory. According to this contract, LaboServices is responsible for a smooth operation and the coordination of the worksite where SRA SAVAC, specialised in sanitation, and industrial maintenance and local providers will work (electricians, trimmers, metal dealers). They must handle the following operations:
- evacuating and disposal of 3,900 tonnes of hazardous waste, of which 1,500 tonnes are tainted charcoal powder stored on site;
- building security as well as hazardous waste identification, sorting, recuperation and reconditioning;
- draining, cleaning-up and removal of tanks and ponds;
- transportation and disposal of hazardous waste and charcoal.